Monday, January 14, 2019

Bluebird of Happiness Card


            Another Monday; another day with a sore throat! This virus is not running its course, its crawling slowly through it. Apparently some people are taking up to 2 weeks or more for it to leave so once again, I’m grounded!...but that’s okay, I don’t feel like doing much anyway.

        I have three men that I send birthday cards to in January – within a week of each other. Usually they all get different ones but this year I just couldn’t decide who was going to get the Bluebird of Happiness card….so I made one for each of them. They live in different cities and don’t see each other on their birthdays so I figured I could get away with it.

 

        This is an Art Impression stamp that has been discontinued. In fact, I had to order it from them as our local scrapbook store couldn’t get it for me. All three cards were the same design but a little different colour in the background….because they never turn out the same even if you try to. The bird was stamped on   white cardstock and was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The background was made by sponging on various dye inks…mostly Distress Inks but any die inks will work…and sponging them to mix and blend. Then water was splattered on; let it sit for a few seconds and then blot it. That’s how you get those small white spots. Then add more ink; blend again; add more water; blot and repeat until you like the final background. That’s why they all turn out different from each other. Once I decided I liked it, then a darker ink was sponged around the edge. Then the sentiment, which came separate but was meant to me with this stamp, was stamped on in black. I’ve only heard from one son-in-law whose birthday was first, and he thought this was hoot and it cracked him up. Hopefully the other two will feel the same way! I know I have a warped sense of humour….or so I’ve been told all my life…so sometimes it doesn’t gel with others. Oh well, it is what it is.

        That’s all for a sunny but colder day than we have been having…January 14, 2019. Joe ventured out but I staying in until this virus finally over and done.  

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 




       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...