Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Craft Tip and a Card.


We are currently under yet another freezing rain warning….please miss us…this is quilt guild meeting night!

Before I post today’s card I want to share a very helpful tip for you that I got from Stampendous. The “Dragonfly Vine” is their vinyl cling stamp that I posted cards from on Monday….its still available…check out their website! I had a little trouble getting it off the plastic so I emailed them and asked if there was some better way to remove them. They quickly sent me a reply with this attachment…..and gave me permission to post it here.

 

So the bottom line, is…..HOLD ON TO THE STAMP AND LIFT THE PLASTIC. DO NOT do it the opposite way and try to peel the stamp off the plastic…..which is what I usually try to do. So, I tried it on a thin acrylic stamp and it works great there too. Just loosen one corner, hold your finger on it, and slowly lift the plastic. This really helps in reducing the chance of ripping these small delicate stamps.

Now, on to the card.

 

 I had die cut this butterfly swag (Memory Box), glued it to the white cardstock, and never finished it. So, time to do so. I have this stamp set that I think came from the thrift store....it has no manufacturer package with it.... and had never used it... so I stamped it in light blue ink right on the white cardstock. Then I smeared some of the same paint on a block; wet a paint brush and very carefully added a light bit of colour to her coat and boots and just a very little around the seams of the umbrella. Then the sentiment was stamped and embossed and glued to the blue card base.

That’s all for a windy, damp Wednesday, February 20, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...