Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A Baby Card


            That was the shortest spring on record….yup, back to very cool weather….cold according to Joe….we’re lucky if breaks 40F today. We will be having cold and days ahead as well. Oh well, more time to do some quilting and card making.

        I had very few stamps and no dies to make baby cards so I splurged and bought these sets from Aliexpress.
 
        The card looks dark and washed out in this picture because the lighting was so bad and I didn’t notice how bad it looked until after I put everything away. Oh well, you can get the idea and you will have to trust me that it looks better in real life. I wanted a non-gender baby card so this is what I came up with.

The paper is from two different paper packs and they are mounted on a standard yellow card base with a gold peel-off over the seam.  The stork was die cut out of white and I sponged a little Distress Ink Weathered Wood around it, which doesn’t show in the photo. The legs and beak were die cut out of dark yellow. The baby and the bag were die cut from white and colour was sponged on. I glued a piece of black behind the baby’s face so the eyes would show up. The stork and baby are adhered with dimensional glue strips. Before cutting out the BABY I took a grunge stamp and dark yellow ink and stamped it over the piece of yellow cardstock just to give it a little more interest.

        It turned out okay so I think I’ll use the stork and baby dies a lot more in the future.

        That’s all for a cold and windy Wednesday, April 10, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. We are getting some cooler weather thru the weekend and into next week..Thank goodness.. I'am not ready for the 85 degrees F it was yesterday...uuughh.. lol WINDY today though and you know how that sounds thru these pines.. wow.. Leaving on a 4 day trip today to Alabama to see family.. First time we've been away since we moved here.. I like what you splurged on! Stork and baby are so cute!Be back in a bit.Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...