Friday, April 12, 2019

A Masculine Thinking of You Card


            The up and down temperature fluctuation is getting on my nerves. I never know how to dress for the day. In fact, I found this funny cartoon that explains it perfectly.

 

        My cousin’s husband recently had a skin cancer scare. Luckily they found it before it spread but he did have to have surgery to remove the cancerous mole…or whatever it was. So, I made a card for him. I don’t send many ‘thinking of you’ cards for men but I did come up with this one and he liked it and really appreciated receiving it….and my cousin loved it. They both enjoy getting my handmade cards and so they don’t fight over who gets to open the Christmas card as it addressed to both, they record who opened it each year so they can take turns…so funny. Anyway, here’s his card.

 


         The stamped image is a retired Stampin’ Up stamp. Once again I coloured it with pencils and blended it with gamsol. It was die cut with a Spellbinder’s square die and it was left in the die as I sponged some light ink around the image which leaves a nice white edge. Then I die cut the larger square and mounted it. Before gluing it to the designer paper (from the stash) that was already glued to the card base, a piece of baker’s twine was wrapped around it, tied a bow and glued on a button. The banner was first die cut as a long skinny rectangle and then I notched the ends and added the peel-off sentiment. It was glued on with a dimensional glue strip.

        That’s all for a cool and rainy half a day and then a warmer few hours unless the cool wind picked up and you needed a jacket again….so annoying. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I’ll be back on Monday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...