Monday, April 8, 2019

Spring...Thrift Store Haul....Two Cards


            Spring has sprung in Southern Ontario….further north they still have mounds of snow…poor people. To prove we have spring, here’s a photo of the daffodils I just picked from my garden. I know those in the southern states of the USA have had daffodils for weeks now, but this is Canada…the cold north! These cream coloured ones are always earlier than the others.
          Okay, today could be the last really nice day as temperatures are slipping down again and we are in for some rain…but hey, it’s April, so we can expect rain….but there could be a few snow showers as well but they don’t usually last long this time of the year.

Before I post the cards….posting two today…. I want to show you my thrift store haul. If you are not interested in the haul, feel free to skim down to the bottom of the post.

I’m nursing a torn hamstring….ouch…so it’s off to the chiropractor a couple times a week. Last week I popped into one of the thrift stores and was delighted to find these goodies….

 

I love putting flowers on my cards but these dimensional ones are way too much to buy from a craft store but these ones were only $3.00 for everything you see here. I’ve already used one of the yellow ones. The two packages on the left are not something I will likely use so they will be donated so others can enjoy them.




I also bought a package of scrapbook paper for $2.00. Turns out there were 32 sheets, some double sided, some fancy ones. Did I need more paper? NO! Could I turn down 32 scrapbook papers for $2.00? NO!




I also picked up this bag of Kaiser flowers that had some extra goodies in there as well - $4.00 for the bag....ignore the $3.00 on the photo. Turns out there were 29 individual bags of those small flowers and each one each flower is actually a stack of 5 …..I have a LOT of flowers to use up!




The extra goodies were those “our wedding” circles….I think I’ll just put another circle on top….and there are some small flower buttons…..I’m not sure if these are keepers or for donation…jury’s out on these.

        **********************************************

NOW FOR THE CARDS!

        Seeing as the spring weather has sprung, I made two cards that would be good for the spring and summer birthday girls. They are old Stamping Bella stamps…not sure if they are still available or not. You will have to check her site. I no longer buy from her since she moved her business stateside and the shipping charges were absolutely ridiculous….same rate as to Europe!





They were both stamped on white cardstock and coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The colours are different but the design is the same so that’s why I’m posting both of them. One was glued to a darker blue card base so I added the blue bow and gem. The other one was in softer shades so I mounted it on a white card base and added a white bow and clear heart gem.

        That’s all for a warm, but cloudy, Monday, April 8, 2019.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 






       

1 comment:

  1. You now have daffodils too!!!! So pretty Violet! We have been so warm... too warm for my liking.. you know me.. but Thursday i think things cool back off..
    Look at your haul! You did great! i sure wish i had thrift stores with craft supplies around here.. LOVE those little teeny tiny button flowers by Favorite Findings..
    .....aaaand finally that is an adorable card.. i love both of them!! Ok maybe the darker one a little more.. lol You colored it beautifully! Get better soon!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...