Monday, April 15, 2019

Two Masculine Cards


        It’s been a cold and wet weekend and the same weather continues into this week. In fact, according to the long range forecast, the rest of April is going to be cool and wet….and then once it turns hot, it stays very hot all summer…can’t wait!

        Today’s cards are very plain and simple cards made for a man….no bows, no ribbons, no bling, no glitter….just the way men like their cards.

 



        The background paper is from the stash and I thought it would be perfect for this card. All I had to do was die cut the deer and trees….one die….glue it on to the card front and add the peel-off sentiment.

        I still had a piece of that background paper left so I thought, “might as well use it and make another card”.

 



         Just to make this card a little different I grunged up the edges and then inked them with black ink. This time I used three different dies – the trees and a moose and a ribbon die. I wanted the moose to walk on something so I tore off a piece of Tim Holtz washi tape and glued it on but it needed something else. So then I die cut two wavy ribbons from black cardstock and glued them over the outside seams of the washi tape. Then I glued the moose and then the peel-off sentiment. I’m running low on these sentiments and our independent craft store closed so not sure where to buy them now….the search is on. All dies except the ribbon dies are from Aliexpress.

        Hope you enjoyed these two cards. I’ll be back on Wednesday with another posting.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 





1 comment:

  1. Oh violet!! i almost missed these cards!! These are gorgeous! You knew i would love them right!? Such gorgeous die cuts! Expecting bad storms tonight... eeeek!!! I wish it would just rain and not storm.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...