Friday, June 28, 2019

A Dragonfly Card


        Very hot and humid here today with the inevitable chance of a severe thunderstorm…..I’m not complaining though because I hate winter and I love these hot summer days. This is Canada’s long weekend to celebrate Canada Day on July 1st. They are having a ‘Festival of Nations’ at one of the parks tomorrow but as the temperatures are going to be close to feeling like 37C (98F) I think we are staying in the nice cool air conditioned house.

        I just love dragonflies so I was delighted to get this dragonfly stamp and I’ve used it a lot. I think this one is going to my daughter who has a birthday near the end of July.






        The background was made with alcohol inks stamped on glossy cardstock. No two ever turn out the same even if you use the same colours. The dragonfly was stamped with Archival ink and it was placed in the Tim Holtz stamp positioner so I could stamp it several times to get a good impression without messing it up. I love that stamp positioner....best birthday gift ever from my daughters! The banner and stamp sentiment are from Aliexpress….I love these ones too. The panel was glued first to a slightly larger cream cardstock….same as the banner…and then onto an orangie/red card base.

        That’s all for a very hot and humid Friday, June 28, 2019.

Have a wonderful weekend all and if you are celebrating, be sure to do so safely.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. I'm green over here violet... totally green with envy over that stamp... wow! Some stamps you just know they are special.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...