Friday, July 12, 2019

A Frog Card


            We are having an overcast day today, no sun but thankfully no dreaded humidity either. I love hot weather but not when it’s humid. In fact we were able to turn the A/C off and open the windows again. I’m sure it’s a short lived situation but we’ll take it.

       One of our grandsons is turning 12 this month and I started creating some cards that would be suitable for him. I have no problem making masculine cards or cards for younger boys under about 12 but ages 12 and up is tricky for me. Here’s one I made that I rejected for him.

 

         I like the card but decided it was too juvenile for my 12 year old grandson. One of my friends will have a need for it though so its in the stash. The frog was stamped and coloured with Tombow markers that were scribbled onto a stamp block and the colours picked up with a Stampin’ Up blending pen. The frog was then die cut with matching dies. The balloons were die cut from white cardstock and coloured with alcohol markers….that I picked up at Dollarama that work great….but limited colours….anyway, once they were coloured I went over them with a VersaMark pen and heat embossed them in clear embossing powder, dipped them quickly back in the embossing powder and heat them again. I wanted a nice shiny coating on them. Then the strings were made black with a black marker.

        The frog needed to stand on something so the sentiment was stamped on a piece of white cardstock using Stampin’ Up Handsome Hunter green ink and then a green marker was used to outline the edges. The background paper is from my stash and once I liked the layout it was all glued to a light green card base.         
       That’s all for a cooler Friday, July 12, 2019. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend all. I’ll be back on Monday with a card.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...