Monday, September 30, 2019

A Quick and Easy Dragonfly Card


            We had a hot and busy Monday. The morning started out cool but it sure warmed up in the afternoon ….so warm that we were hot in just T-shirts as we did some of the garden clean up ….which is not nearly as much fun as the spring planting! This morning was grocery and errand day and I had to take my sewing machine into the fabric shop to be repaired. I figured it would be there for a couple of weeks but Rick was able to fix it while I waited ….and he didn’t even charge me …bonus! I have a couple of quilts to get finished so I was so happy to have my sewing machine back.

        Today’s card would fall into the ‘quick and easy’ category. If you need a card in a hurry, this would work.

 

The background is a piece of glossy paper that was sponged with alcohol ink. Then I just added the large dragonfly and peel-off sentiment and glued it all to a black card base. It looks much more complicated than it was because of that inked background ….which I love to do.

        That’s all for a hot Monday ….and even hotter tomorrow – it will be in the 90’sF but then overnight it will drop over 20 degrees. It's hard to know how to dress when its like this. 

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...