Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Christmas Critter Card


        Our above normal temperatures have disappeared….we’re back to typical November weather – cold and rainy….and windy!

It’s so windy we decided not to put our garbage bin out tonight.

We never know when they will pick up the garbage; sometimes it’s by 8:00 in the morning; other weeks it’s late in the afternoon. Oh well, we don’t generate much garbage anyway so we quite often only put it out every other week.

        Today’s card was made with a very old Stamping Bella stamp. 



         This is such a cute stamp. I actually made it with my grandson in mind but a friend of mine saw it and really wanted it for her daughter so I let her have it. I can easily make another one. The cats were coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The hats and the bow were too light in colour so I added some markers to them. This stamp set was bought before matching dies came along so I just hand cut it. The background designer paper is from an even older 12” paper pack cut down to fit the card base completely. The cats (and mouse) are sitting on a piece of shiny green (I know it looks turquoise here but its green) with a strip of matching paper across the bottom so the critters have something to sit on and don’t look like they are floating. The sentiment is a peel-off. Once it was assembled I realized that the cats needed a song so I used an extremely old Cuttlebug alphabet die to die cut the ‘fa la la’.

        That’s all for a cold, wet and windy Wednesday, November-27-19. If I’m not blown away, I’ll be back on Friday with another card.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...