Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A Sunflower Card on a Bleak Day


It’s Wednesday, and it’s going to be raining ....or yuck, snowing, later tonight …what a surprise – Not! This has been the wettest fall ever I think. November in Ontario is a bleak month – the leaves are gone; the crops have been harvested so everything looks bleak and its usually cold and rainy…blah! My least favourite month of the year.

I’m still laid up trying to get the cellulites to clear up – it’s a bit better but I have a feeling I’ll be on antibiotics for another week yet. I have to stay off it which means, no quilting, no card making, no scrapbooking, no nothing!!!! So bored.

One of the things about fall I do like are sunflowers – which are also harvested by now but lets not dwell on that…..farmers grow fields of them here which I love to see.

 I bought this stamp years ago at our local scrapbooking store which is now closed….sigh…. and haven’t really used it much. 
So this time I decided to stamp it on water colour paper and coloured it with water colour pencils. Then I wet the sides with a wet paintbrush until they were quite wet and then carefully ripped them. This leaves a lovely ripped edge – but a controlled one…no worry about ripping into the design. Okay, what to do with it now. Well, I also had this two sided designer paper which was in the same colour value so I took a piece; cut it down to fit inside a standard card base; cut a small piece off one side; flipped it over; taped it back together and then glued it to a dark yellow card base. Then the ripped design was attached using double sided tape to make sure it stayed glued! Then I took a left over piece of designer paper; added a peel-off sentiment and glued it on – it looks crooked but it is the angle the card was on and I didn’t notice one edge slid into the stand before I took the photo…trust me, it’s straight. But once again, I just can’t leave a card without adding a little something – so this time I added clear Wink of Stella to the flower and leaves and that really made a difference. Now I quite like this stamp and I do believe I’ll use it more often.
         That’s all for a bleak and boring Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Cheers
Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...