Monday, November 4, 2019

Red and Gold


Another rainy weekend is over….not that I saw much of it. I ended up spending all Friday night in the emergency department. A pain in my leg made the doctors think I had a blood clot but the tests were negative so the next thing they thought it could be was cellulites. How I caught that remains a mystery but I’m on antibiotics and Ibuprofen for the next week. Rats. I’m not good at this laying around bit ….but I’m trying to behave. Even after a couple of days its improved so I guess the diagnosis was correct.

So today I’m posting two cards because they were made with the same stamp and same design – but they are still different.

 
This is the first card I made. I stamped this large Christmas stamp on red cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed it with glitter gold embossing powder …. Not that happy with it! The inside of the flower arrangement was almost non existent because the lines were so thin that they were not very noticeable so it looked like a big red blob in the middle. After thinking about it for awhile I decided to ‘fix’ it. I took some gold acrylic paint and watered it down a bit and painted the inside flower. This was very watery paint but it was enough to add some colour to the inside. I can’t show it in a photo but if you turn the card one way, the centre looks almost solid; turn it the other way, and it’s not. You are looking at the ‘not’ side so you will have to take my word that I actually looks nicer when it is turned.

        So to finish the card, I heat embossed the sentiment, that came with the set, in white and added a white dove brad. So, the card was now acceptable but knew it could be better so I stamped it again and got this result.


         Instead of using gold glitter embossing powder, I used a solid gold embossing powder – so much better. I didn’t have to do a thing to it. Then I gold embossed the sentiment, added two gold star brads to the top and a stacked snowflake punched three times out of gold cardstock and thought it was done. No it wasn’t.

        I put the two cards side by side and decided they needed a little bit more of something. So, I took that gold paint, watered it down again and splattered some gold all over the card. Then I watered down white paint and splattered it. Much nicer and now finished!

        That’s all for rather mild Monday on November 4, 2019. It’s close to 11C (51F) which is pretty mild for November…..but it will be short lived and colder tomorrow. Figures.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...