Monday, February 24, 2020

Feathers on a Card


        It’s the last Monday in February – yay! March is coming on Saturday and March is one bit closer to spring! It was a very mild weekend here in Ontario – unless you were out by the lake where the wind was quite strong. We took a drive out and I shot some photos of the waves throwing water up over the trees where it froze – and even on and over the roofs of some houses. Beautiful to see but glad I don’t live there. Here are a few of the photos.,,,best viewed if you double click on them to enlarge them.






        Today’s card is a thank you card I made. I really liked how it turned out and I think it would make a nice birthday or thinking of you card as well. 

         I have this feather embossing folder and ran some white cardstock through it and then didn’t know what to do with it. So, I decided to sponge some Distress ink over and wow, did those feathers stand out then. Then I found this piece of lime green cardstock in the green stash that matched some green card bases I have and decided to us that as the focal point….die cut it using a Spellbinder’s fancy label. To pick up some of the blue that’s in the feathers, I die cut the sentiment (old Cuttlebug die) out of blue cardstock a couple of times; glued them together and added them a little above the middle so I could add a yellow die cut leaf stem to bring some yellow in.   
        That’s all for another mild Monday, February 24, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...