Friday, February 28, 2020

Men and Old Cars


        It’s Friday – the last Friday for February! This is a leap year so tomorrow is February 29 which we only celebrate once in every four years. Do you know anyone born on the 29th? One of my uncles was so when he became an adult he counted his age as a birthday every 4 years…which through people off at first. Apparently at one time long ago, February 29 was the one and only day that women could ask a man for marriage….the report never said if the man was obligated to say yes.
        Today’s card is for a man who likes old cars….don’t they all?


       
        This is a die set from Aliexpress. There are four cars in the set but this one is my favorite. It was die cut twice and glued together to make it thicker – my usual thing to do. I wasn’t sure how I was going to make this card at first – I don’t use sketches – but I decided I wanted some embossed gears along the bottom. I don’t have an embossing folder that would work so I simply placed some individual gears on white cardstock; placed the embossing pad on top and ran it through the Big Shot…this embossing instead of cutting. Then I sponged on some black ink.  Some Tim Holtz (I think T.H.) washi tape was placed on top of the gears and then the car was placed on top. The sentiment is a peel-off.
        That’s all for Friday, February 28 2020. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Count your blessings and if possible perform a random act of kindness to a stranger….even a smile will count. A warm smile is the universal language of kindness….William Arthur Ward.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...