Friday, March 13, 2020

Pretty Pastel Card


        A faithful reader mentioned that the photo of the fairy card was not showing. So odd. It was there because I copied it to my Pinterest Page. I have replaced it so please scroll down to see it. My granddaughter loved it!
       Friday the 13th! Anyone superstitious out there? I’m not. Friday the 13th is just another Friday to me. However hubby and I are doing the self-quarantine bit for the next couple of weeks, except for the odd walk around the neighbourhood or bush….not too many people there. So unless I really need something, I’m staying home. I went to get a few groceries last night and it was a nightmare in the grocery store – people were panic buying!  Sad.
When my sister was in the hospital (home now) I realized I had no get well cards on hand so I made one for her and a few extras.
 
For this card I took some pastel left over strips – mostly pink and green – and glued them to a piece of scrap paper. I put double sided tape on the scrap paper so they were easy to glue down and very secure. Then I trimmed it to size. The sentiment square came from a paper pack that some of the strips were from. I mounted it on pink and then glued it down. Another quick and easy card and yet very pretty.  
        That’s all for a sunny yet cool thanks to the wind, on Friday, March 13 2020. Stay safe everyone. Take precautions but do not panic. As Gregory Peck stated, “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.”
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that fairy card is gorgeous Violet!!! I'm so glad you reposted it. Thank you!! Love your scrappy cards too like the one above. Always helps me to think of my scraps differently .. now i throw nothing away.. i don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing...lol Stay safe and well dear Violet... The stores are crazy here too.. We ended up buying some extra just because everyone else was and things were getting low or out completely .. We did not manage to get any extra toilet paper.. I'm hoping they restock soon.. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...