Monday, March 16, 2020

Purple and Pink


        The mild weather returned over the weekend and if it wasn’t for the cool/cold wind blowing, it would really feel like spring. I was in the backyard checking our bird feeders and noticed that the daffodils are budding! It’s a little early for them but I will likely be able to pick them by the end of the week – if it stays warm.
        Today’s card is one of those, “I wonder if this will work?” cards.
 

        I found that dark purple paper in the stash and decided to use it. It was a little smaller than the standard card base so I added some gold to each end. Then I took a stitched diamond die and die cut a piece of solid dark purple and used the same die to cut a diamond shape in the card itself. Once it was glued to the card base, the solid purple diamond was placed in the cavity. This really broke up the space and I liked it.  The purple had a lot of pink tones so I took some dollar store flowers (with Wink of Stella added) and attached them to the end of the diamond. The sentiment is a gold peel-off. It’s much prettier in real life.
        That’s all for a warmer than normal Monday March 16, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...