Friday, April 24, 2020

A Scrapbook Layout


After two days of winter weather, we had a beautiful spring day here. It was so nice we were able to work out in the garden this afternoon. There is even one tulip blooming in the garden now….the rest have buds but this one is in full bloom.
Today I’m posting a scrapbook layout I did about a day trip we took to a beautiful garden. I had just picked up my new camera and we were trying it out. Here are the two pages side by side.
I had two 12” x 12” papers with that leaf border and decided it would be perfect for this layout. Then I found the flower borders and the light green paper that matched the leaves around the page and added them to the middle. Each photo had a black line drawn along the edge so it looks like it was matted but no extra bulk by adding more cardstock. To do this I place the straight edge of an old greeting card across the photo and use a photo-safe pen to draw a line. Always place the greeting card across the photo because once in a while the pen will jump off and go across the card….better than the photo….and yes, I learned this the hard way.

        Then it was a simple matter of adding the photos. The leaf vines and flowers were die cut and the flowers were shaped and white ink was sponged across them to give them a bit of a hi-lite.  The leaf vines were glued down and then yellow brads were used for the flower centres and they are attached through the paper layers. When the pages were finished and set side-by-side I decided they needed something red in the top left of the first page. This keeps the eye moving around the page. I didn’t want more flowers so I die cut a label and added a tag that says “together”….that works for me.
        That’s all for a lovely spring day on Friday, April-24-20.
I’ll be back on Monday with another card – my first attempt at making a ‘floating flower’ card…..stay tuned! In the meantime, have a wonderful but safe weekend. Stay in, stay safe and be creative.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...