Monday, April 27, 2020

Floating Frame Card


We finally had a lovely spring day here today. It was so nice to be able to walk through the bush….the one and only trail open to the public. It’s a small bush lot with marked trails and not very busy and everyone that was there, was very respectful to keep a safe distance away from others. We didn’t see many birds but it was still nice to be outdoors.
Jennifer McGuire has a lot of vides on YouTube and shares a lot of techniques. One of them was called ‘floating die cut  frame’. I decided to give it a try....but I call mine floating flowers.
                     
        I won’t bore you with all the steps because there are a lot and I might miss mentioning one that would totally mess up your attempt. If you want to try to make one, just watch Jennifer McGuire’s video. It was a lot of work but I’m fairly happy how it turned out.
        Each flower, cluster and leaf are on dimensional glue strips but each one is not put on separately….that’s why you need to watch the video.  This is NOT a quick and easy card. The flowers were stamped, coloured with pencils, and then die cut. The idea is to get them close together but not touching. I tried it with individual flowers first but did not like the look of it so I went with clusters and individual flowers and leaves. I decided after it was all assembled that there was a lot more empty spaces than I really liked so little gold peel-offs were glued in. These are the little bits left over when you peel off the main design. Then to add some gold to the main sentiment, a gold fancy peel-off strip was added.
I may or may not attempt this again…and I may try to find some other crafters way of doing it first. Because I wasn’t sure how many flowers and flower clusters I needed, I made extras and used them on other cards. I’ll show you those cards later this week.
That’s all for a lovely spring day on Monday, April-27-2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...