Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Saved it!


       
        Today was a very nice mild day. I had to get a few groceries so I was up and out of the house by 7:00 this morning and back home with groceries at 8:00….no dillydallying around this time. I’m taking this pandemic seriously and have been before they even announced the self-isolation. I certainly hope all of you are safe at home as well.
        The hospital needed face masks for the patients, especially those in the oncology department so the quilt guild members came to the rescue and we have made dozens of face masks. I have no switched to making scrub caps for them. The nurses that didn’t need to wear them before this now have to have them and they are scarce. I sent over 8 tonight and I have more cut out. I can’t stop the virus, but I can sew!
On Monday I posted a card with some coloured flowers that I thought were so pretty. So, I decided to make another card with the same flower stamp. 
        When I glued the coloured and die cut flowers onto the white cardstock I somehow got a huge ink blot on the top right corner. I had to do something to save the card so I cut that part off on an angle. Okay, now what. The flowers are a light purple/pink with a wine edge so I dug through the old stash again and found some purple and wine coloured cardstock. I added a strip of purple to the white and stamped a sentiment on a die cut piece of purple. This was then all mounted on wine cardstock and then on to a purple card base. Whew! Saved it.
        That’s all for a sunny and mild Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...