Monday, May 4, 2020

Shaker Cards


        We just had a beautiful weekend weather wise but once again, we are only allowed two nice days in a row. It was darn chilly this morning! Looks like May is going to be about as consistent as April was – which was no consistency whatsoever. Oh well, this too shall pass and summer is coming.        
Last week while out for a walk in a bush, there was a fallen log across a waterway and even though the log looked completely dead, a small tree was trying to grow up from it. I took a photo of it and added a saying in Photoshop. It was posted on Facebook and everyone seemed to really like it so I’m posting it here too.
 
         I’m continuing to make some cards using new-to-me techniques. Most all techniques have been around for a long time. I kind of chuckle when I watch some YouTube crafter channels and they don’t say they ‘invented’ the technique but it is certainly applied even though I watched one of the more famous crafters do the same thing a few days or weeks before. Oh well, to each their own. So this week I’m posting my very first shaker card – it did not go smoothly and hopefully the next one will be better…but here it is.

         For some odd reason I decided to use a diamond shape. I used the tried and true methods from several YouTube channels. I glued the designer paper to a piece of cardstock and die cut the diamond and added the piece of plastic behind it. Then the dimensional glue strip was added around the diamond. I did remember to use the anti-static bag to pounce around the plastic and the edge of the glue stick to remove the static from the plastic and some of the stickiness of the glue strip but as you can see – I should have used more. The inside pieces do move when you shake it but they also like to stick….grrrrr. When I assembled it I didn’t like the look of the die cut diamond on the designer paper – it looked unfinished. So I die cut a piece of red cardstock into a diamond frame and added that on top. But somehow there was a small tear by one corner of the diamond….another grrrrrr. How to fix it when the card was done – cover it up with a plastic pink flower. Then it was all glued to a pink card base. Okay, these are not as easy as those YouTubers make it look but I’ll continue to make some more until they are easy for me to make too. This one will have to go to someone who is not a card maker than can find all the faults!!!        
That’s all for a sunny but coolish Monday, May 4, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. How fabulous that you are trying something new.. It was fun wasn't it?! I have never tried to make one . Now you learned all the things not to do..lol Love this one but can't wait to see the next one! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...