Monday, June 29, 2020

Black and White Card

        Southwestern Ontario is under yet another high temperature warning.  It is very hot and humid….but still better than cold and snow!

        My oldest grandson is turning 21 this weekend! It’s incredible how fast time flies by. I can remember the day he was born and it does not seem like 21 years ago. I actually enjoy making mature adult masculine cards but young males and teen males are a bit more difficult. This is what I came up with this year for him. I’m actually posting two cards because after I photographed the card the first time, I decided it wasn’t quite finished so there was an add on. 

    Here’s the first card.

                                              

        This was a very quick card to make. A piece of black cardstock was embossed in this music note embossing powder and then white ink was sponged on top to bring out the music nots. The sentiment was die cut three times and glued together before being glued to the card. But I decided it needed to say Happy Birthday so I die cut a banner and added the black birthday peel-off sentiment. Here’s the finished card.

        That’s all for a hot and humid Monday on June 29, 2020. My sister was widowed last year but if Henry was still alive today they would celebrate their 63 wedding anniversary today….and they had a very happy marriage. We had a pleasant conversation this evening on the telephone so she was pleased I remembered.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your grandson! And the addition of the Happy Birthday to the card was perfect! 63 years! Amazing! Hugs~ deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...