Friday, July 3, 2020

Sympathy Card

        We are in a terrible heat wave here in Ontario with the temperatures hovering around the 39C (100F) mark and will continue for the next two weeks at least. I love the heat but hate the humidity. It’s too hot to do anything outside during the day…..not a breath of air!

        Unfortunately, I always seem to need sympathy cards so last week I made another one just to have on hand.

                               

        I spent one night just creating backgrounds using various Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks. I used some for cards that were donated to the local hospice but there were still many left over. I decided to use this one for a sympathy card that would be suitable for either a man or woman. My husband pointed out to me a few months ago that I didn’t have any cards on hand to send to his friend whose wife just died...they all more for women. So now I try to always have some ready.

        I trimmed this background piece down and put it in my Tim H. stamping platform and stamped that flower. This stamp is from a retired Stampin’ Up stamp called Earth that I bought from a friend’s daughter. The flower was stamped in black ink several times to get a nice dark image. Simple black sewing thread was wrapped around it three times. I had decided to mount it on black cardstock and when I pulled out this piece of black with the holes already punched I decided to leave the holes as an accent piece instead of cutting them off. Then it was glued to an embossed card base….came that way from a box from Michaels. The sentiment was also stamped using the T.H. stamping platform. This was a quick and easy card but I really like how it turned out.

        That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, on July-03-2020. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Stay safe, be kind and be creative if you can. Being creative reduces stress so it comes highly recommended.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...