Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Music Notes on a Card

        We just had another couple of wonderful weather days! It may get very hot and humid for the next few days though but we haven’t had the A/C on for a while now.

        A friend of mine volunteers at a thrift store – which just opened last week because of the pandemic restrictions – and she is not a crafter at all but she likes the cards that I make so she is always on the lookout for any crafting items. She sent me a text of a set of 48 small punches that I don’t use a lot of the time but I definitely use them on occasion and they were selling them for $2.50 …for the entire set in a plastic case…so I said YES PLEASE! She quite often does not want me to pay for the small items she picks up for me …she says it’s because I do so much charity work she wants to help out….although I do try to insist on paying. So we came to an agreement….we trade…She wanted to trade these ones for a birthday card that had music notes on it. Done! Ooops..not so fast. I don’t have any paper with music on it and I don’t have a large music stamp.

        So, I went on an Internet search and ended up on good old Pinterest. Man I would miss that site if it ever closes. I found lots of images of music notes but some had words on and a lot were Christmas music but I finally found one that I liked and downloaded it. Here is one of the two cards I made for her….I like to give her options. She didn’t choose this one because it was more for a female……she forgot to tell me it was for a man and I forgot to ask her.

The music notes were way too large when printed on 8.5 x 11 paper but I kept it for the background for a scrapbook layout ….although we are not a musical family but who knows! Anyway, I ended up putting four on a page and printed them out that way and it worked fine. The edges were inked first with some light brown ink and them some black. It was placed in my Tim Holtz stamping platform and the flower was stamped in black ink a couple of times to get a good impression. It was mounted on Kraft cardstock, then light yellow, and then onto the Kraft card base. The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark and the heat embossed with white embossing powder on a die cut stitched banner….it was added with a dimensional adhesive strip. She really liked it, but not for a man. I’ll post the one she took on Friday. 

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...