Monday, June 15, 2020

Two Cards Today

        We had sunny skies most of the weekend but a cool north wind kept it a bit chilly at times. Today was the same but with an East wind so not so chilly. In fact we walked along a trail at a conservation wetland and there was no shade trees and very hot. This was the sign that was at the entrance.

So Canadian!

        Today I’m posting two cards because they are so similar.

    The stamp I used actually came with both images on one stamp which I found rather odd, so I cut them apart. One card was made by dipping it in Distress Ink and the other with Distress Oxide Ink. What a difference! But first the images were stamped with VersaMark; then black ink and then embossed with black embossing powder. I like to use black ink as well in case I miss a spot with the embossing powder. 

    This is the Distress Ink card. It turned out quite pretty and very soft. To finish it off I added the three black dewdrops and tied some blue bakers twine around it before gluing it to the car base. The button is a paper die cut (three times and glued together) with Glossy Accents over it. There is no sentiment on the front because it could be used for just about anything. I’m leaning towards a sympathy card for a man.

    This card was done exactly the same but I used Distress Oxide ink instead. 

    I just kept wetting the ink and dipping; drying and repeating until I liked it. You MUST dry between dipping or you will end up with mud. Tim Holtz says “If you look, you must dry” and I follow his advice. The image was larger so it did not need the three dew drops and the baker’s twine was green instead of blue. This one may be a bit bright for a sympathy card so it may be a birthday card or thinking of you card.

        Funny story making the buttons. I decided to die cut some buttons instead of using real buttons so they go through the mail better. I glued the buttons together and attempted to add the Glossy Accents. It wasn’t coming out very well so I gave it a hard squeeze and the nozzle popped out and I had a huge puddle of Glossy Accents on top of the paper buttons. Groan. I removed the buttons and set them on some plastic to dry and scooped up as much of the GA as I could get back in the bottle and cleaned up the rest of the mess. Not my finest hour!

        That’s all for a sunny Monday on June 15, 2020. 

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...