Monday, July 6, 2020

Garden Gnomes

        Our hot and humid weather is continuing with no relief in sight – hovering between 90F and 100F with little or no wind. I cannot remember having a heat wave last this many weeks. On the good news, there is only one(1) active COVID-19 case in our entire city and that person is not seriously ill and recovering at home. We are still on Phase 2 of reopening things but that could be upgraded any time now. It would be nice to see the splash pads open for the kids but they will only do that when the playgrounds are open as well….they are usually situated a few feet from each other so it makes sense.

        I finally got the gnomes painted. Back in March I posted a photo from Pinterest on some gnomes. My oldest daughter and granddaughter immediately requested some and I wanted one for my garden. So, Joe’s cousin cut out some gnome shapes and I painted them. Here they are.

                                

This one is mine in the the garden.

My daughter requested a husband and wife.



The purple one is for my granddaughter and the green one is mine.

        Each one is a little different as I had no pattern and just did whatever felt right. They loved them so that’s good. The problem is getting them delivered during this pandemic – they are about 9 hours’ drive from where I live. Oh well, eventually they will get them.

        That’s all for a hot, humid and steamy Monday on July 6, 2020.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 


1 comment:

  1. Terribly hot and humid here too Violet! Those gnomes are fabulous!! They turned out so good!! So funny.... i just mailed you a letter and in it i asked you about the gnomes...lol now i have my answer... :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...