Monday, October 26, 2020

Butterfly Cards

         It’s Monday….the last Monday of October! The weeks are flying by.

 Today I’m posting two cards because once again they are very much alike.

                         
    I found this piece of cardstock with the butterflies in the stash and decided to use it. Then I found another piece…..time to use them both up. Yes, I’m on another ‘use the stash’ binge. First thing to do was to find a card base that matched which luckily I had. Then I trimmed the hexagons so they were not cut off straight and glued it to the card base. Then I die cut another hexagon from light purple cardstock and glued it on. I wanted something dramatic on the large light purple hexi so I glued on a wooden butterfly….and didn’t like….blah! So I ran some purple ink over the butterfly…much better but it needed some bling. So I squirted glue over it and down into the ceases and added purple glitter – nice!  Some light purple gems were then glued around the butterfly and I called it done.

         For the next card I followed the same routine but I wanted something different, but still dramatic, as the focal point.

                       
    I looked through my butterfly dies and I found a fancy butterfly already cut out of some papers that actually matched the background of the card….but it sort of blended in and got lost…which is the opposite of dramatic. This die does not come with an outline die so I just placed the die on black cardstock and drew around it and hand cut it. Then the fancy butterfly was glued on and then onto the card…excellent idea! A large pink gem was added to the butterfly as a head and this card was finished as well.  Neither card had a sentiment on the front as I wasn’t sure if they were going to be used for. Time will tell.

        That’s all for a cool Monday on October 26, 2020.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. It rained all day yesterday... and all night last night... and its still raining... the birdbath is full and running over... we needed rain so badly though so even though its cold wet and damp theres no complaining.. Oh and glitter and bling makes everything all better... always.. Love them both! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...