Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Glitter Flower Card

 Today I’m posting the card I originally made for my sister but decided I liked another better. She may get this one next though.

 

   The background was one I had made earlier when I sat one day and made several of them….. and I decided it was time to use it. This background was just a piece of white cardstock that was dipped several times in various Distress and maybe Distress Oxide inks that were smeared on the TH mat and sprayed with water. Fun technique….but make sure you dry in between dips or you end up with mud.  The background was then cut down to 4x5.25 and was mounted on a standard card base which happened to be dark pink this time. Then the flower die was used to die cut the flower out of black cardstock. Then I thought, it needs something else…like glitter. So carefully added glue to the flower only by sponging on glue and then adding glitter - a few times to get it completely covered. Then I thought, I should have added a piece of double sided adhesive to just the flower when I die cut it and the glitter would have stuck so much easier. Unfortunately my good ideas are quite often after the fact! But I then glued the flower in place and added the black peel-off sentiment. And then to add more glitz small gems were glued on.

That’s all for a hot…and I mean hot!…Wednesday, May 19, 2021.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. There you are Violet!! Been looking forward to a post from you! Would a , should a , could a ... I often get ideas after the fact...lol Lovely card. I'll bet your sister would love it! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...