Friday, June 18, 2021

Cards on a Rainy Day

 

Happy Anniversary to us! Joe and I were married 33 years ago. It is pouring rain today unlike 33 years ago when it was hot and humid. Last night I asked him where were we going to celebrate – front yard or back yard? (Our restaurants are still closed for indoor eating) That got a good laugh …. But we’ll be celebrating in the eating area thanks to the weather!

Last week I was sorting through some of my stash and decided instead of filing it away, USE IT! So here’s one card I made using a sticker.

                              

I needed some cards for babies or toddlers so this one fit the bill. I seldom use stickers on my cards but occasionally they come in handy. While rummaging through my pink paper stash, this pink cardstock matched perfectly with the pretty card base I had chosen. It needed a splash of colour behind it though, so this oddly shaped burgundy worked just fine. But the bear needed something to stand on or it would look like it was floating – pink and black ribbon to the rescue. The cupcake she is holding was also on the same sticker sheet, so it was first stuck to a piece of cardstock to make it sturdier and then attached with a dimensional dot. The sentiment is a gold peel-off.

         That’s all for a rainy….and now thunderstormy…day on Friday, June-18-21. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...