Monday, November 29, 2021

A Victorian Gentleman Card

 

It’s officially winter! We had our first snowfall on Saturday that stayed on the ground. Here are a couple photos taken from our front porch on Sunday morning.

 



 By Monday morning the snow was pretty much gone – but coming back later this week.

 I’m posting another Victorian style Christmas card, similar to the one I posted last week.

 


     The last card I posted featured the Victorian lady singing. This one is the gentleman holding a wreath. The background was a blue panel 5 ½ x 5 ½” that I sponged various darker blue inks on to get the sky background and then splattered on water downed white paint for snow. The snowbank was die cut and glued on. The trees are from another old die set and they were die cut from some paper I had sponged various green inks on. Two were glued behind the snowbank to make them look in the distance.

      Then I decided I should have had a moon but because the background was blue cardstock I could not to my usual bit of adding water to remove the blue ink. So I die cut a white circle, added a bit of grey ink here and there for texture and glued it on. The Christmas sentiment was part of the set and I die cut it twice and glued it together. The Merry was from another set and it was stamped on a piece of white cardstock and glued in place.

          That’s all for another cold Monday, November-29-2021.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...