Thursday, December 9, 2021

A Cute Penguin Card

 Its been such a busy week I’ve forgotten to post a card. Some nights I don’t even turn the computer on.

Today’s card was made with a stamped image that when I stamped it, I thought to myself, “How in the world am I going to use this on a card?” Well, this is what I did

                                     
The cute little penguin was easy to colour and then I added white flocking to the hat’s trim and top….but then what?

I took out a piece of designer paper from a 6” paper pack and cut it down to 5 1/4” x 4 and then mounted it on a piece of light blue that matched the leaves in the designer paper. A piece of dark teal was glued down the centre. The middle square was part of the same paper pack so it was mounted on the same light blue. The original stamped penguin was cut out but not the stick or fishing line. Then I stamped it again on that middle panel and glued the cut one on top. Tiny silver stars were then added around the penguin. The sentiment is a silver peel-off on that same light blue cardstock but the edges were sponged with teal. It turned out to be a very cute card.

That’s all for a cold November night. Rain and snow expected overnight but maybe some sun tomorrow. Not bad weather for November so far.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...