Friday, December 3, 2021

Four Cards Today

 It’s a wee bit more mild here right now - and no snow - so that makes the days a little nicer. It’s just around the freezing mark - a little higher during the day, a little lower at night.

I thought I would post 4 cards today because they are all the same design, but totally different paper and embellishments make them seem different.

 All four cards have one half of the top card folded backwards so the right side of the inside of the card is visible.


These two cards are the most alike…they are for two of my youngest grandsons…although neither one all that young now….but they will like these I think. For these two cards, one was made with green cardstock, one with blue and different designer paper. The elf was die cut out of black cardstock. The presents came with the die and they are a pain to put together but so darn cute it was worth the effort. The tree was die cut with a die from a different set and I used Stickles pearls to make little dots like popcorn across each tree. Then small gems were added and a die cut star that was covered with yellow Stickles. Some of the presents under the trees were actually stickers from a very old paper pack. I glued them to cardstock and then cut them out so they were more stable. The one green one looked bare so a green bow was added to it.

Here is the card as they open up. The small panel on the inside that is hidden has their personal message and greeting on it.

 


One of the boys is now 17 so I had to come up with a different design on his card - but using the same layout.

                                             

For his card, the card base is dark blue, again with the one half of the card front folded back. The designer paper is all the same paper but the camera changed the back piece to turquoise which I didn’t notice until now. Trust me, its the same paper because I made it. I started out with a piece of 5” square white cardstock and placed it in my Tim Holtz stamping platform and then placed a large background stamp with snowflakes over top; added a masked for the moon;  inked it up with blue ink - not turquoise - and stamped away. I stamped it a few times to get a good impression. Oh, oh…..The mask was actually cardstock and not masking paper so it did not stamp close to it so I had to remove and then try to stamp just the areas around it…which turned out okay. The deer was die cut twice in black and glued together and just the left side glued to the front panel so the right side is over the inside exposed part. For the inside of his card I die cut several trees in black and glued them on and then added the white glitter snowbank and stamped the sentiment.

Here is the card partially opened.

                                   

 This grandson has a girlfriend so I had to make her a card as well.

                                      

I had this image of a little girl in a cape already cut out. It was printed on photo paper so likely a free digital image I found.  I must have decided at some point that she looked like an angel so I had covered some wings with glitter paper and had them glued on…..and then filed it away in my “to use one day” file. Today was the day it was to be used. Well the first thing I had to do  was to glue it to a piece of white cardstock to cover up the mess in the back. Part of it would be left hanging off one side of the card like the other cards so the back would be exposed. Then I outlined the image in black and in gold. She was originally holding a piece of holly but I didn’t care for it so I found this ornament on a sticker and glued it to a piece of cardstock and then cut it out from the rest of the sticker and glued it to her hand. Much better. Then small gold dots from peel-off sheets were added to the middle of the flowers. Then it was time to assemble the card. The background paper is from an old Tm Holtz paper pack.

  Here is the card opened so you can see the inside panel.


I had these two little houses that I had cut out from an old greeting card and I just knew I would need them one day and today was the day. I outlined them with a gold pen and glued them and the small die cut trees and then added the glitter paper cardstock snowy hill. The sentiment is a peel-off.

 

Wow, that’s a long post. Hope you enjoyed the cards.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...