Thursday, January 13, 2022

Masculine Cards with Trucks

 After a few days of bitter cold weather it has warmed up ….comparably I suppose but at least above the freezing mark … but very damp with some light snow and rain. So far we have only had to clear our driveway once for snow….hopefully that’s it for the year, but not likely. I cannot wait to get through January and February so I can sense spring is coming.

So, seeing as it’s been too cold to be outside, I have got some quilting and cards finished. I had 3 masculine birthday cards to make, plus one for March so I made them all similar. Here are a couple of them to give you an idea of what the finished ones looked like.

                    



 All the cards had a truck that was stamped and coloured and hand cut but each one was coloured differently and each background is different. This way I will know next year that all the guys got birthday cards with trucks so I will make something else. They all live in different cities so it works out well.

 The trucks were adhered to the backgrounds with thin dimensional strips so the packages would fit in easier.

I started out stamping and die cutting some birthday packages and gluing them to the back of the truck but then I noticed that in with the stamp set was a stamp of presents - duh! I just didn’t look closely enough. So, then I stamped, coloured and hand cut the presents and some of the trucks hauled them.

 All the backgrounds are different. With some I used up some leftover cardstock that looked well together and some had a city scene behind it - from an old paper pack. Then each card had different embellishments added - some had enamel dots and arrows, some had small banners and other goodies. The sentiments were peel-offs.

That’s all for a cool and very damp Thursday, January 13, 2022.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...