Tuesday, January 18, 2022

New Technique

 After a few days of bitter cold weather, we had a major snowstorm hit most of Ontario…..except our area! We got less than an inch of snow but about an hour’s drive from here, they had record breaking amounts - over 36” in some areas. They actually had to call yesterday a snow day which doesn’t happen very often and in some areas, the schools are still closed. I’m so glad it missed us but sorry for those still digging out.

Before I post today’s card, I want to share a posting I found from Stephen Hawkins. I found it very uplifting so hopefully you will as well. The last two years have been so hard on so many people, and I pray this pandemic is over soon.

Today’s card is from an experiment that actually worked quite well. 
Hope you like it.

 Every once in awhile, probably more often than I should, I decide to try a different technique. This one is one of my own but that’s not to say another crafter has done this same thing. I just couldn’t find any like it on Pinterest.

                               
I started out with a piece of black cardstock and stamped the rose with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with silver. I didn’t come with a stem or leaves so they are from another stamp set. Then I used metallic paint, not ink, paint to paint in the remaining areas. The metallic paint changed colour a bit over the black but I still liked it. Then I used some watered down silver glue to splatter over the black and added a silver peel-off sentiment.  It was mounted on a piece of silver paper on a standard care base. It is actually much nicer than the photo shows.

That’s all for cold Tuesday, January 18, 2022.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...