Thursday, April 7, 2022

Birthday Card

 Another mild day today! Tomorrow is opening day of baseball for my Toronto Blue Jays ….and hubby’s Detroit Tigers (boo) so now its spring for sure! The Blue Jays have a dome so it doesn’t matter if rains or not but hubby’s team may get rained out. We root for different hockey teams as well…but we keep it friendly.

Yesterday was my daughter’s birthday. This is the card I made for her.

She owns a blue Volkswagen Bug which hubby always calls Herbie to annoy her. The car was die cut from blue cardstock and then darker ink was sponged around it. There is velum behind the windows to look like glass. The presents are from dies that came with the car set. I sat and die cut about 3 dozen of them and then coloured them; added glitter to some: and popped the ones I didn’t need in a bag for future projects. I like to pre-make a few things when I’m not feeling up to working on a big project. Then I dug into my stash and found all the paper that I thought looked nice with the car. The car is mounted on paper and then onto cardstock which is the same as the card base. The sentiment is a peel-off. It needed some bling so sequins were added.

That’s all for a mild Thursday, April 7, 2022

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...