Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Sunflower Card

 Finally a nice enough day we were able to go for a nice long walk in the bush. There were lots of robins, downy woodpeckers and brown creepers. Here a couple photos I took of the robin and creeper.

                     

This is the brown creeper. They start at the bottom of a tree and very quickly move up the trunk. They are very hard to get a good picture of because they never seem to stop. 


And these are the robins. They look nice and healthy.

     I was inspired by the Ukraine’s national flower to purchase some digital images from designers like Gina K designs where the money goes to help the Ukrainians. This one is not from Gina K and I have no idea which site I found it on but it is my favourite.

                     
    The image was coloured with alcohol markers from Dollorama - yup, dollar store markers. There are limited colours but they work pretty well; although I doubt they will last long! The die cuts out the dark blue frame plus that middle one. So, I die cut it twice and inserted the white one into the blue one and taped it together at the back. Then light blue ink was sponged around the flowers; a few gems added and a small gold peel-off. Walnut Stain Stickles were added to the centres. I put a blob on and then use an old paint brush to move it around. Once I liked how it looked it was mounted on that plaid paper and then onto a brown 5.5’ square card base.

That’s all for a mild and even sunny Tuesday, April 5, 2022.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that if a Robin has white around its eyes it's a juvenile..?? Ever hear of that? Beautiful card Violet as always! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not heard that. I believe they all have that white eye ring...at least the ones here do. The juveniles have a spotted breast though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...