Thursday, April 28, 2022

Old Antique Bike Card

      As predicted, our hot weekend was followed by cold weather and rain. Today I saw a neighbour lady going for a walk wearing a winter coat but with bare feet in flip flops. This wacky weather is beginning to really confuse people!

A friend of mine was going to a scrapbook store in London, Ontario last week and asked if I wanted anything - silly question! I placed my order with them, paid for it and she picked it for me. Before I tell you what I bought, if you are looking for an on-line or in person shopping scrapbook store I highly recommend Stamp Art in London, ON. Awesome products and awesome helpful owner and staff. My cousins in Hamilton area drive all the way to London to shop there.

So, one of the things I decided to get was the Tim Holtz mini paper dolls. I’ve always had an interest in them but never bought them. I had no idea what I was going to do with them but once I buy something, I have to use it.

     It turned out that another friend was over for a visit and brought some old Stampin’ Up Sale-abration stamps set she no longer used and was selling. I bought a few of them and used one of them in this card, along with a paper doll. Here's the card.

   The wood grain background stamp is one of the stamps I bought from my friend. It was stamped on white cardstock and then various Distress inks were sponged on - to give it an old and stained look. Then the old bike was die cut twice - once in silver for the spokes and then once in black for the rest. The silver turned out to be ‘too silver’ looking so I ran a black Sharpie over them and then quickly wiped them off with a soft cloth. This really toned down the silver but didn’t turn them black. I love these old bikes and wanted one as a child….begged for one actually but they were already collectable pieces even then so it never happened.

   Then I found one of the paper dolls of a man sitting and coloured his face, hands, handkerchief and hat using some water-colouring crayons… which I seldom use.  The bike was glued down flat but the man was glued on with dimensional dots. A strip of brown was glued to the bottom so the bike had something to sit on. I don’t like them floating. I die cut the computer generated sentiment and glued it on with dimensional tape. It was then glued to a Kraft card base.

That’s all for a cold night on Thursday, April 28, 2022.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Violet!! What a lovely card... Old cars.. old bikes... love the theme... If you knew how many times i picked up those Tim Holtz dolls and set them back down again.. just not sure if i would use them as i don't often create in a vintagey way.. But they do intrique me and i love what you 've made with yours!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb. I do believe I will use them quite a bit now that I finally broke down and bought them. I'm sure you would as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...