Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Pretty Blue Card

 We are in a heat wave and its still May! Temperatures are in high 90sF and my neighbour told me his back patio registered 107F this afternoon. Naturally they are now predicting thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow and then hopefully the temperatures will drop down to near normal ranges. The crazy wacky weather continues! I’m just glad I was able to get the flowers all planted over the weekend before the heat set in.

Today’s card was another “I wonder if this will work” card and I think it turned out all right.

 

For this card I took a piece of that double sided thick paper and cut it down to 5.25 x 4 to fit on a standard 5.5 x 4.24 card that leaves a lovely narrow border…in this case, dark blue. Then I cut a line a long the right side not quite to the centre; scored the lines on a diagonal and then folded them back. A drop of glue holds them in place.  A piece of the same left over paper was glued behind the cut and a dark blue die cut butterfly (old Stampin’ Up die) was glued in place. The designer paper was then glued in place and the three dimensional flowers and lady bug were glued on. Then more dark blue butterflies were added.  This card could be used for any occasion.

That’s all for a hot and humid Tuesday, May 31, 2022.  

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Good to see a post from you Violet!! And i love this card! I hope i can remember that little trick when i get around to making a card or i could even use that idea on a Post Card! We are hot and humid too.. I see 107 in the foecast... uuughh hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...