Wednesday, June 29, 2022

A Mixed Media Card

     This is a later at night than I normally post and that’s because our hydro (electricity for the USA readers) was out tonight. No idea why but by the time it came back on we were happy sitting out on the front porch visiting with our neighbour - and I just happened to have some pineapple cake made so we enjoyed that as well.

      So, tonight’s post is sort of a mixed media card…but on a simple style.

                        
    I had a few pages of a 6” paper pack that I had never done anything with and decided it was time to do so. This one had that bird printed on it. This paper is very thin so I had to be careful not to add too much water. The first thing I did was pick the card base. I wanted something that contrasted with the green, so bright wine worked the best. The little leaves were about that colour so I thought it would bring that colour to the card base. Then I used some of the same colour ink and blended in the top and a bit of the side. 

    The girl with the umbrella was stamped and then I gently coloured the umbrella and boots with the same ink; and a the coat was first coloured in with the same ink as the boots but then I went over it with green so it picked up both the wine and green in the rest of the card. The sentiment is from another stamp set and it was stamped about three or four times in that grape coloured ink. Luckily I had put it in my Tim Holtz stamp positioner so I could easily re-stamp it until it was dark enough. That ink pad was one of those $2 ones from Michael’s and they don’t last long.

    That’s all for a lovely June night. Another heat wave starts tomorrow!

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Well Violet this card was expertly colored! I can tell all the care you took with it.. Beautiful! Our electricity has been hanging in there thank goodness!! Even on the hottests days... knock on wood.. AND trust me its been HOT! Sitting on the front porch talking to a neighbor with pineapple cake sounds LOVELY! Porches.. you don't see many of those in the US anymore.. they are a thing of the past.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...