Sunday, June 26, 2022

Quick and Easy Cards

 Our roller coaster weather continues. It was a very hot and humid few days but alas, no thunderstorm grew from it so no rain, at least not here. My sister who lives about 300 km from us had a thunderstorm rain tonight so she is a happy camper, as the saying goes, and so are her flowers as they were really starting to wilt. More seasonal temperatures expected starting tomorrow though.

When its too hot and humid to be outside working in the garden, I either sew or make cards, scrapbook, paint, etc. This week I decided to make some cards. Unfortunately, I’m always in need of sympathy and thinking of you cards so that’s what I made.

Here are two I made using the same die but different background paper and sentiments.

 I went through my paper stash looking for paper that had some various colours and shapes in it, but not flowers or anything bright; just tone on tone design. I found one wine coloured one and one green one so there are the two cards I made.

                            

These are very much quick and easy cards to do. The die cut is huge so it takes up a lot of the card front. These are standard A2 cards; 4.25” x 5.5”. The sentiments were stamped with VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder. I’ve used this die for birthday cards as well but for them I sponge bright colored ink on a white card base to make it more festive.

That’s all for a hot and humid Sunday, June 26, 2022.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...