Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A Story and a Card

 Well Mother Nature is still on a weather roller coaster. Last week it was so hot and humid it felt like it was 111F; then the temperatures plummeted with a very cold North wind blowing for the weekend; and now we are under another heat wave warning with temperatures close to 100F again. So that brings me to what happened today. Hope you are ready for a laugh - and there is a card posted after the story.

So, this happened today. Because they were calling for such a hot and humid day we decided to head to Mitchell’s Bay for a BBQ and then relax and read for a while. All was good; lovely day; little traffic and then I happened to look up to the corner of the car and there it was. A huge, huge spider! I screamed and yelled at Joe, my faithful spider slayer, to pull over and kill it. He said “I can’t pull over; and the spider won’t hurt you, and I’ll get it when we stop”. Well, before I finished the first yell, I had removed my seat belt and was sitting up on that hump between the driver and the passenger – also apparently annoying to the driver. So, I realized at that moment I was on my own. My spider slayer had deserted me. Still on the hump, I kept my eye on that spider and removed my sandal and ‘smack’! Got it! He fell into the hand hole in the door. I carefully returned to my seat and refastened the seat belt. I’m pretty sure there was some eye rolling, head shaking and probably some smirking from the driver, but I didn’t bother to look. I was still holding the sandal and keeping an eye on where the spider came from just in case he had friends coming to his funeral.

The rest of the day was fine, thank goodness! And now here’s a card I recently made.

 


This is a very old Stamping Bella stamp that I stamped and coloured with pencils; blended with gamsol. The large stitched banner was white as was the small sentiment banner. Both were sponged with purple ink and then a variety of flowers were stamped on the large banner. I didn’t have an purple paper that was the right shade so I just made my own. The princess is adhered with dimensional strips - some very slim ones I had to cut from the thinnest ones I had. The sentiment tag is also adhered with dimensionals. The sentiment is computer generated. Everything was mounted on a darker purple and then onto a purple card base.

That’s all for a hot and humid Tuesday June 21, 2022.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. First let me say pretty card Violet! Its violet just like you! You might have read my spider story on the blog yesterday? I would not have liked being enclosed in a car with no escape with a spider either!!!! Where's a good spider slayer when you need one...lol... Stay cool!!! I'm up early for a walk this morning.. after my coffee!! lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...