Friday, June 17, 2022

Two Masculine Cards

 One last post for the week. My computer has been acting up all week and I finally just gave up on it for a few days. It’s only slightly better tonight - extremely slow and aggravating. I’m blaming it on the 2 day heat wave we just had - again…felt like 111F on Tuesday! ….and once again, the temperature is going to plummet tomorrow with a strong north wind making even colder. Saturday is bike riding day but it may not happen tomorrow.

I’m posting two cards today because they are so similar.

                                          



    So this is what inspired these two cards. I had a large piece of a 12x12 cardstock with huge leaves and other foliage on it…I think it was in with some paper I bought on Facebook Marketplace and someone cut part off and left the other part as is. It was just not my style at all and I had no idea what to do with it. So, I cut it down to two 4x5.25 size pieces and was determined to turn them into cards. It was still pretty ugly cut down so that didn’t help. I happen to have two different Happy Birthday embossing folders so I ran one piece through each one. Mmmm. No real improvement there. So I pulled out the Distress Inks - I think Salty Ocean but not sure - and started sponging the blue ink over the entire embossed piece, including the embossed words and the green leaves. Well, lo and behold, that worked very well. I love the grunge look so this definitely appealed to me. The blue ink made the green leaves less visible.  Progress at last. 

After looking at them for a few minutes I decided to wrap some baker’s twine around them before gluing them to a midnight blue card base. I stamped a sentiment on a die cut Spellbinder’s circle and them mounted it on a large circle die cut from the same midnight blue as the card base. I die cut a circle from scrap cardstock; cut it in half and glued each half to the back of the sentiment circle leaving a gap in the middle. That way there is no bump where the twine is. I have another grandson celebrating a birthday in July so one might go to him.

That’s all for Friday, June 17, 2022. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone and remember, be kind, always! Your kindness may be the only positive thing the other person has experienced in a long time.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Here i sit early in the morning ready to go for my walk Violet. HOT is the key word.. Gotta get the walk in early.. What i wouldn't give for a North wind!! i really love the embossed card... it came out SO good! Ofcourse they are both lovely.. Have a good weekend!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...