Sunday, April 16, 2023

Aqua Card Number Two

 The above average temperatures have left us. Now we have rain and its getting cooler by the moment. Earlier today it was 27C (80F) but tomorrow it will be a high of 6C (42F). That’s quite a drop in temperature!

Today I spent most of the time cutting out fabric for two more charity quilts. I can sew the blocks together but I don’t have a design wall. Instead I have a design floor. I lay the blocks out on the rug in the rec room and just pick them up row by row. Joe is used to stepping around the blocks until I get them sewn together. But my hip is not happy with me crawling around on the floor so its just quilt blocks for now.

 But, I’m also making cards. Here is Aqua card number 2.

                                               

I started out making very simple cards. The 6” pieces of designer paper, which was very good quality, was simply cut to 5.25 x 4 to fit on the standard A2 card base. There was only one strip of the butterfly print that I used on the last card I posted, but there was one sheet that was all butterflies. I cut one strip off and mounted it on gold and glued it to the left side of the card. I had a package of butterflies from the dollar store that were also Aqua, so I took one of them and added gold around the edges and body and antennae by drawing thin lines with a VersaMark pen and then heat setting it with gold embossing powder. The trail from the butterfly was heat set in the same gold embossing powder after stamping it with VersaMark using the trail of an old Inkadinkado butterfly stamp. Then the butterfly was glued on.

 The sentiment is a gold peel-off that was on a punched light Aqua cardstock. Then I punched another oval using the same punch out of a piece of the same designer paper as in the card and cut it in half. When I glued the lighter piece on the darker piece, it looks like two different sizes of ovals because just the ends show the darker paper. I glued a piece of left over cardstock between the cut halves of the darker oval so it would lay flat.

  That’s all for a rainy and cool Sunday, April 16, 2023.4.16

 

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh! Thats a beautiful card Violet. The color and the butterfly ... just beautiful. You did such a great job embossing the gold on the butterfly ...sigh... Hubby and i are on vacation! Thats why i've been missing lately.. We are in the middle of a two week trip and this is the first time i've had the time to pull out the laptop... Hubs is off visiting with his buddy that used to be our neighbors in Arkansas. His wife is working so not like we could visit.. So they are off doing guy things... lol I'm finally getting a relaxing down day at the hotel..lol Tomorrow we hit the Beach! Woo hoo!! Sand between my toes! lol Take care Violet! I'm going to sit here and catch up with some of your posts :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...