Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Two cards from one 6" piece

 It’s Wednesday, April 5, 2023 already. This past week has flown by, mostly because of medical appointments. I hurt my hip flexer and its off to the acupuncturist twice a week for the next month or more…. and I’m grounded from walking, hiking, biking and I have avoid stairs - a little hard to do as we live in a four level back split! Oh well, this too shall pass.

We were under a tornado threat for most of the day but luckily all we got here was pounding rain. More thunderstorms coming tonight though. It’s been a wild week, weather wise, lots of rain, thunderstorms and the temperatures rising and falling like crazy. We never know how to dress because the temperatures are anything but stable.

Because I’m so limited to outside ventures, I’ve been making cards. I’m posting two today because believe it or not, both cards were made from one piece of 6” paper. I should have taken a photo of it before I cut it in half but I didn’t so you will have to use your imagination.

 Card Number one - from the top of the 6” piece, cut 3” x 5.25”.

                                     


The area between the blue is the 3” strip of paper from a paper pack. This was a quick and easy card for sure. I just heat embossed the sentiment with gold ink; added the gold flower peel-off and the gold strip between the blue and the paper. Done.

Now the card from the bottom of the same piece.

                                         

If you look closely you can see a bit of the blue rose in the top right corner than matches the rest of the rose in the first photo, in the bottom right.

This time I added two black strips along the top and  bottom of the picture and glued it to a grey card base. The sentiment was stamped.  I decided it needed a little more of something, so I added one of the Tim Holtz Paper Dolls.

That’s all for a wet and rainy Wednesday, April 5, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. Aaahh the butterfly card captured my heart Violet! I just love it! I'm so sorry your hurt your hip. I hope you are in tip top shape soon. The storms have been awful and i'am so glad you are safe and sound.. They have all missed us.. forming much further East.. We are one dry as usual.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...