Monday, August 21, 2023

Two Flower Cards

 We are in the last part of August now. The summer months have flown by once again. We are enjoying every nice day we can for as long as they last.  We had a beautiful day yesterday and enjoyed a visit and BBQ at one daughter’s house with one other daughter and family there as well. We love it when we all get together. One daughter is too far away to attend these though.  

 

Today I’m posting two cards because they are so similar. Hope you like them. These were stamped using a new Stampin' Up stamp set I picked up on Marketplace. I thought they would work very well for the cards I mass produce to donate to the hospice.

 First thing I did was die cut two stitched panels and two cranberry coloured cardstock panels the same size as the stitched panels; one for each card. 

                                          

For this card I left it in the die; placed it on a Sizzix magnetic platform to hold it in place; and sponged various blue inks around it.  Then I stamped the sentiment in the same ink as the flowers. Then I took the die cut a piece of cranberry coloured cardstock and glued it to a flowered background on an angle; then the stamped image was glued on top. It was then glued to a cranberry card base. I added some gems around the sentiment and one at the top.

Next card

 For this card I stamped the image on the stitched rectangle and then placed a hand-made stencil over top. To make the stencil I just punched and/or die cut small circles in a piece of thin plastic. It works just fine and it cost me nothing. I used a light grey ink to sponge over the stencil to add some circles to the background. Then I used the same procedure as the other card to place the cranberry cardstock on an angle and then adding the stamped image. It was glued to another designer paper and then on to the cranberry cardstock. Instead of a sentiment, I just added a cranberry bow.

 That’s all for a cooler day than yesterday on Monday, August 21, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love both cards Violet! Your stencil is ingenious ! I'm taken a bit more with the card that has the sentiment but both are lovely! For my Birthday a couple months ago i received a collection of fairy stamps. I'm just lovin' them.. I've been putting a fairy on everything!! lol Thank you so much for you wonderful comment on my blog! I don't post often anymore but i sure do love when you stop by! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...