Friday, September 1, 2023

Fishtail Banner Card

 I’m back! Its been awhile since my last post and that’s because it has been a very weird and hectic couple of weeks. Last week, on Thursday August 24, we were hit with a very severe thunderstorm that included an EF0 tornado that hit a few blocks from us. We had very little damage; just a few limbs down from the tree; a large section of our fence fell over…old fence, not surprised; and our recycling was upended and spilled, along with everyone else’s. The blocks where it touched down was a mess with entire trees uprooted. It was the worst thunderstorm in over 100 years!

Unfortunately, thunderstorms almost always trigger an attack of my brain disorders and this time it was the worse week ever. So painful! Brain zaps are the most painful of all the trigeminal neuralgia attacks. However, it easing up now so I should be on the mend. I’ve dealt with these two brain disorders for almost 24 years so I’m as used to it as one can get.  My motto is: Every day this side of the dirt is a good one.

Today is my birthday. I didn’t feel like going out but we brought in Chinese food for supper. Works for me! We never do a big celebration anyway so having supper in was just fine.

So, now I’m back and I have another card to share.  Before the attack, I was trying to make some cards using some odds and ends. Love doing that. Here’s one of them.

                                      
 I had some strips of pink and grey from a very, very old paper pack. So I cut them different widths and heights and then notched the ends to make them fishtail banners….and added one solid pink one just to tone it down a bit. The background is from another paper pack but it was the same colour pink so that worked well. It was cut 1/4 inch smaller than the card base.  It was glued to a pink card base which is the standard 5.5 x 4.25. I decided some glitter silver would look nice with it so I die cut those circles and glued them on. Then I found that pink rose in my flower stash and added it and the green leaves. It needed something silver on the other side so I die cut a silver strip from the same glitter paper and glued it on. I didn’t add a sentiment because I’m not sure if I want it for a birthday or thinking of you card.

That’s all for a lovely day for the 1st of September. The next week is going to be very, very hot with temperatures in the high 90’s.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. My goodness Violet a tornado!!! I'm so glad you and hubby are alright . We live on the edge of 'tornado alley' and have had a few close calls over the years. Scarey for sure. I'm sorry to hear along with all that your disorder acted up too. So even with everything you created a beautiful card. The one's you make using scraps are one of my favorite. You inspire me girl! Happy Belated Birthday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. This area has a few tornadoes each year, mostly very weak ones but if this was a weak one, I hope I never see a stronger one. Very scary but no one was injured or killed so that's the main thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...