Monday, September 4, 2023

An Older but Favourite Stamp

 We are in the middle of a heat warning now! Temperatures in the 90’s and with the humidity it feels like 104F….and will remain so until the end of the week! So much for Canada being cold! It’s hard to even breathe outside so we stayed in the cool house today. I headed down down to the lower studio (aka the basement) where I make my cards. Joe had a pile of laundry to do.

 A couple of weeks ago I decided to cut up all my stamp sets! Yup, cut them all apart. Why you ask? Well because I was making a card and I needed a sentiment and I knew I had just the one I wanted but couldn’t remember which stamp set it was in. I thought it was in with some flower stamps but no, it was with a butterfly stamp set. I bet I spent over half and hour just looking for that sentiment. That was the last straw. I started cutting up my stamps. Any stamp sets that had a sentiment had the sentiment removed and then did the same for any obvious birthday image stamps, like presents and bows, etc. I put all and every birthday sentiment and image stamp onto photo paper - yes, they stick to photo paper - that I had adhered to a piece of cardboard - mostly cereal boxes! And they are now stored in a binder.  By the way, I just used photo paper from the dollar store, not the good stuff.

Then I did the same for thinking of you sentiments. However, before I could do the other categories I got hit with that nasty trigeminal neuralgia attack that put me on the couch for a week and went I went back down, the enthusiasm had waned. I need to back more photo paper onto cardstock and Just didn’t feel like it. So, the other sentiments are sorted and set to one side for now.  Have you ever done that? Started a project and then half way through you think, “Why did I start this!” I’ll get back to it when I feel better….I’m better than I was last week but it takes awhile to get completely over these attacks….especially when I refuse to take strong meds for them and I just have to ride it out.

So today I’m posting a very old Stamping Bella stamp that I pull out and colour every once in awhile. I makes me chuckle.

                                   

It was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The sky was sponged with chalk. The birthday sentiment is a black peel-off and the sentiment on the banner was computer generated.

That’s all for a very hot and humid Monday, September 4, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I often feel that way Violet when i have a project... i like highly detailed things, projects that take a long time and i often regret it halfway through but if i keep pushing through i'm always happy i did because i like the end results.. We are 106 F today..Sure doesn't feel like September... But pppssst... they are hinting at a cool down next week... and rain.. fingers crossed.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly. Very hot and humid here today as well but the cooler weather is coming. Still doesn't feel like fall though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...