Friday, October 6, 2023

Three Cards Today

 It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a card. The weather decided to give us about a week of summer temperatures and it was just too nice out to sit inside. So besides biking, hiking and working on the garden, there was not much time….. or energy left … for anything else. Removing all the dead annuals in the fall is no where near as much fun as planting them in the spring. I’m definitely cutting back on the gardening next year!

 So, today I’m posting three cards because they were all made using the same die, but different embellishments. Here they are.

                                     

The die cuts out that long stitched panel plus the three small ones.   Then I had to make the background and find elements to fit inside - I enjoyed doing that. It also cuts out the inner panel and squares so that makes it easy to reassemble. This rose on the long panel is a die that out of sparkly red/purple glitter paper. It’s not bright red, not really purple either but I looked nice cut out so I went with it. Then I found some Stampin' Up flower stamps that I decided would look nice in the small panels so they were stamped and then the sentiment was stamped. Once it was mounted on the card base I decided the die cut rose needed a little extra so diamond Stickles was squirted and moved around inside the petals and the leaves….nice! Then a few gems were added.

Next card:

                                        
Once again I die cut the panels and inked the backgrounds to match. Then I stamped the flower in the long panel and decided to do silhouettes in two of the squares. All stamps were from various Stampin' Up stamps. Then I stamped the sentiment - no idea where that sentiment is from. The flower  and leaves were blending in with the background too much so I smeared some Distress Ink on a pad and used a paint brush to colour in the flower and leaves. Much better. It was mounted on a light green card base that seemed to compliment the background.

 On to card number three.

                                          
As I was flipping through my flower stamps I found this one that looks like a dandelion gone to seed. Perfect for a birthday card. Once again I used the same process of die cutting the panels and then creating the backgrounds. This time all the flowers were stamped in black ink as was the sentiment. Once it was assembled and glued to the green card base, I added some gems. It’s hard to see in the photo but I used a fancy sparkle pen and made little dots in the the flower heads. The top one shows this the best but it is much better in real life.

 That is all for this week. This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving so happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian readers and Happy weekend to everyone else.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...