Monday, December 18, 2023

Gnome Christmas Cards

 We are having both rain and snow today. It rained off and on most of the day but as soon as it cooled off around the supper hour, it changed to snow. Hopefully it won’t about to much and it won’t last long. Its iffy if we are going to have a white Christmas or no. Usually its not which is a big surprise to non-Canadians.

These Christmas cards have been received so I can post them now. I’m only showing one of them but I made several of them with different designs. This was not my pattern but I got it from a friend who has a YouTube Channel….The Pampered Stamper. Jackie used to live in Chatham and has children and grandchildren here but married a man from Holland and flies back and forth every few months. She sells Stampin’ Up in both countries. I like her videos because she doesn’t pretend to be an expert that doesn’t ever make a mistake. If something goes ‘not according to the plan’ she shows us how to correct it.

 So, I really liked this one particular video she posted and I immediately changed courses for my Christmas cards. Here is one of them. Three grandsons got different gnomes and different paper but same design.

 

 
This card lays flat and measures 4.25 x 5.5, so regular A2 card size. The flap along the left edge is glued down. The gnome is from a set I bought last year. So much fun making the gnomes….but so many little die pieces. See that candle flame - yup, that’s a die piece! I didn’t notice my gold thread went askew on the red panel but oh well, the recipient can fix it easily enough.

Now, the fun part is having that white strip between the two other flap..it’s a scored line. When you lift the flap, it ends and it sits on the sentiment banner on the inside. 

These were fun cards to make and actually were quite easy to make.

That’s all for a went Monday, December 18, 2023

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. That card is quite amazing!! I just love little gnomes... I got a stamp set on sale a little while ago that i have yet to try out.. Those little die sets may drive me crazy but i love to stamp... :) I'm always amazed at your patience.. Jackie's YouTube channel sounds like one i need to check out.. :) Hope you had a lovely Christmas my friend.. We are not 'green'... nor are we 'snowy'... It was cool though with a nice sun... windy.. just a little too cool to go play golf.. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...