Saturday, February 3, 2024

 It has been awhile since I posted and that’s because my sister-in-law passed away January 23. She didn’t have much quality of life, especially near the end, so this is one of those, “it’s a blessing” scenarios.   

However, life has to go on so I am trying to get back into the normal rhythm of life. I am posting two cards today as they were both re-made from one old greeting card someone gave me.

                                  

This bird photo was so beautiful and bright I just had to use it on a new card. After thinking about it for a bit, I decided it would look nice framed in green so I die cut a green panel and glued the photo behind it. The card base was made from a matching piece of cardstock. The paper the photo is mounted on is from my stash. Once it was all arranged a tiny double bakers twine bow was added. I didn’t put a sentiment on this one as I wasn’t sure what occasion I was going to use it for.

 This is the second card made from the same old greeting card as the top one.

                                
 This part of the greeting card was much smaller but I just had to use it. The sentiment was part of the original card so I used a rectangle die to cut out the bird and then rounded the corners. Then I die cut a bit larger piece of green cardstock to mount it on. The card base is the same green as what the photo is mounted on. I needed something else for the background and I found this splattered piece that I made and never used and decided it would work fine. Before gluing the mounted photo down I die cut another piece of cardstock the same size as the focal image and glued it on an angle behind. It didn’t show up as much as I hoped it would but it is what it is. Once its glued, its down and you just have to accept it. Another bakers twine bow was glued on as well.

 That’s all for a very mild Saturday, February 3, 2024. Okay, we are into February! Once we get through February, it a short slide into spring!

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. GoodMorning Violet! I'm sorry to hear about your Sister~in~law. Even if it is a blessing that she is out of pain , it doesn't make it any easier.. hugs from afar.. These two cards are beautiful! I can see why you wanted to reuse that greeting card..lovely... We've all been sick here, a little over a week.. Hubby last to come down with it.. Every day i've been feeling a little better.. lots of naps.. sleep seems to help.. Take care... deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...