Sunday, March 31, 2024

Cowboy Hat Card

 Happy Easter to all who celebrate - Happy Sunday for the others. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was pretty quiet here because Joe has a cold….almost better today but he’s very tired. I spent a lot of time either making cards or quilting for the last few days. He just pretty much wanted to sleep or lay on the couch and watch hockey or baseball. I bet its been five years since he’s had a cold and we have no idea where he picked up that germ - but likely from the grocery cart handle…even though I wipe them down first.

A couple of weeks ago a friend called and asked if I could make a card for her friend turning 80….and he collects hats, especially cowboy hats. Could I make a card for him about hats? I gave it a try and this is what I created.

 


I went to the Internet and searched free clip art for cowboy hats. Have you ever done that? I have found some great clip art that I’ve used on cards and scrapbook pages. All the hats were downloaded to a file and then I opened my Photoshop editing program and re-sized all the hats to fit on a 4x5.25 card panel so it would fit on an A2 size card with the border showing. Once printed on photo paper, each hat was carefully hand cut and the edges inked with brown ink. I hate white edges! Then I positioned them on the grey card front and once happy, glued them down. The long birthday sentiment was die cut twice out of brown cardstock and glued together before adhering down the right side. There is a darker grey strip along the bottom that hopefully gives the impression of a ledge for the hats to sit on and I added a rub on ‘80’ there. It was then glued to the grey card base. She liked it. Whew!

That’s all for Sunday, March 31, 20241. End of another month! April is predicted to uphold its title of April Showers….lots of rain predicted even on the day of the eclipse….hope they’re wrong about that one.

Take care everyone.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...